CUSTOMER TERMS OF BUSINESS
This page explains the terms under which we conduct business with out customers, including the use of Personal Data
Beacon Asset Finance is a trading style of Beacon Associates UK Ltd. Registered in England & Wales No 5532713. Our registered address is 7 Fleeman Grove, Nottingham, NG2 5BH. Our Directors are Julie Guy and Ben Guy. Our main contact telephone numbers are 01981 251485 and 01981 568008.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is 734917. We are permitted to act as a Credit Broker. You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0845 606 1234.
We offer our services to you which include:
- Arranging finance with a funder for you after you have agreed the cost and funders charges (or the basis of such costs if they cannot be determined in advance)
- Preparing and witnessing appropriate loan documentation on behalf of the funder
We are not linked to any of our lending panel members. We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for credit and alternative sources of credit. Some of the services that we provide are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You will be advised in advance of any such proposal or service.
We will quote figures based on our funders cost of funds. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
Our remuneration is an introductory payment payable by the funder. We do not take credit for payments due until the funding has been paid out.
For regulated funding of cars and LCVs, we will tell you in advance of signing your paperwork the basis of the remuneration we will receive. For all other types of agreement, you are entitled to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
If through exceptional circumstances Beacon Asset Finance or any of its Directors or other customers has a material interest in any business you ask to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflicts of Interest Policy is available on request.
TREATING YOU FAIRLY
We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
- Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity
- Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you is compromised
- Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed
- Be transparent in the matter of our remuneration
- Respect your confidentiality
If you have a complaint about our services, please write to our Complaints Officer – Ben Guy, at 6-7 Broad Street, Hereford, HR4 9AP. Our internal complaints procedure is available on request.
You may be entitled to refer a complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response. The contact details are as follows: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR, www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk, 0800 023 4 567, firstname.lastname@example.org,
In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
- Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you
DATA PROTECTION & CONFIDENTIALITY
We are registered under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations, as well as the General Data Protection Regulations. Please note that we are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.